Apps World 2010, is adopting a workshop style education format with the aim to address the entire app ecosystem, and the challenge of delivery, development and design of apps across multiple platforms. A truly international event, Apps World will bring together leading operators worldwide, and is the first show to draw in parallels between the emergence of the TV apps store, and the challenge to IPTV and pay TV operators, and the challenges mobile operators face, device manufactures and the emergence of the tablet apps marketplace.
Workshop passes allow delegates to mix and match between the different workshop zones and sessions as they like throughout the day – creating tailored agenda’s to maximize visitors event experience.
Handset & Operator Zone - Day One
Day one will be targeted towards operators and handset providers to examine how apps are changing the key mobile business models. Worldwide operators will debate the challenges of multiple app stores, and how they can protect their traditional business models. Device manufactures and technology providers look at building the right hardware to facilitate app functionality, and the associated billing, security and testing issues associated with the app store. Key issues discussed include:
• Building industry standard for mobile apps – will operators succeed with a global apps platform?
• What impact will the growth in app usage have on operator networks?
• Managing customer service issues, and tapping new revenue shares
• Differentiating services by providing different app services, how to market mobile services using apps
• Building apps into increased data plans for subscribers
TV Apps Zone - Day Two
Day Two within this zone is targeted toward the emergence of the TV App Store, and the key issues involved with building apps for Pay TV services and devices. This zone will help understand the fundamental changes underway in the world of TV as the usage metaphor of TV changes from a passive, channelized experience into an interactive, user-driven experience. Apps are also a catalyst of TV’s transformation from being a single-screen in-home experience into a multi-screen experience that’s delivered to a range of devices via a coordinated ecosystem.
• What prompts TV operators to get into the apps business? Examining the current state of the world of TV apps and TV App Store launches
• How to enrich the TV experience with apps
• Simplifying the process of developing a TV app, how to recruit developers for the TV apps?
• Using apps to make the Pay TV experience stickier – bringing compelling content to the user, what techniques can be used to increase audience reach?
• Adding features to Pay TV using apps – development, launch and marketing
• How do TV advertisers leverage apps, what tools are available to monitor TV app performance, and gain audience feedback?
• TV programmers and apps – which TV programs are experimenting with apps, and what results are being achieved?
• Apps that extend the TV experience across multiple screens