For Apps World 2011, we are looking to create a cutting edge, thought provoking, interactive conference line up covering the advances of Apps in the dynamic world of online marketing. In true collaborative style we want to hear from you guys, on your thoughts, ideas and views to ensure the event provides a fully educational and inspiring experience for all our delegates
Apps World Africa 2011 will take place on the 1 & 2 June at Cape Town Convention Centre
Conference Facts:Each conference session will last between 20 mins > 50 mins depending on the content level and format of the sessions.
Conference sessions will have between 100 > 200 delegates in attendance.
Sessions can feature single speakers, co-presentations or panels.
Speaker Submission Deadline: 31st March 2011
Interaction is the heart of Apps industry and will therefore be the focus of our conference format.
We’re looking for sessions that will help our attendees understand and expand their knowledge, who will leave the show feeling truly inspired and overwhelmed with creative ideas.
Take some time to look over the below points before submitting your proposal, as only the best of the bunch will be selected. Our delegates have trust in us to produce a conference line up of the highest calibre – and we will not disappoint!Your Proposal should:
Tell a real life story - Case Studies are great for captivating the audience. Share your unique experiences, insights and findings with the audience.
Encourage interaction- Q&A sessions/panels on heated hot topics can create great buzz and audience participation
What will they learn? – Provide clear details on what the audience will learn and walk away from the session having taken onboard. Are your looking at practical or strategic strategy?
Be Specific – Our conference agenda looks to cater for all levels of experience, from industry newbie’s to the more advanced guys out there. Clearly indicate which level your proposal is aimed at.
Session details - Provide suggested session titles and descriptions as you wish them to be promoted. As well as a brief explanation of your topic and why you feel it should be selected.
New Material is essential - old rehashed material will not be coincided, we have mentioned previously that our audience are looking to be inspired not bored with stale information.
DONT MAKE A SALES PITCH, our delegates attend our events to be educated and dazzled not to find out more about your company’s products and services. Sales Pitches will have a damaging effect on your brand and will not be considered – you have been warned!
Themes for 2011
• How the apps market has evolved in the last year
- Trends/facts & figures
- The convergence of apps over multiple platforms
- Future predictions
• Devices & Hardware
- How to create the right interface for the right device and to integrate other hardware functionality into your app
• Interoperability – Breaking the barriers between App store owners, Operating Systems and developers
- Will we ever be able to buy apps directly from developers of third party app stores?
- How are the Mobile operators getting involved with this? – Launch of the Wholesale Applications community (WAC)
• How do you price your App in the App store and what are the other ways of monetising it?
- Charge users directly for your app?
- Ad- supported?
- Free whilst you build your customer base?
- Social apps – virtual currency
• How to develop your own app as part of your marketing strategy?
- Which type of app would your brand get the most from?
- Case studies from leading brands that have done this
- How to monitor & measure your apps success rate? ROI
• How to market your app?
- How do you get your app into the top 25 on the app store?
• Enterprise Apps
- How businesses /employees are benefitting from available enterprise app stores?
• What the future holds for the Apps market?
- Open Source changing the landscape of apps, much easier for developers
- Apps controlling household appliances – The connected home
- Apps monitoring energy consumption- Google bringing out device to report gas/elec consumption
- Applications that integrate other applications
- Enterprise – timesheets/expenses
If you would like to discuss your speaker proposals in more details please contact Natasha Gwilliam, natasha (@)sixdegs.com